I've made several recipes throughout the years. Through tweaking and testing all different methods, this is my favorite way to make it. I make it so often, I don't even read the recipe. Too bad the one we just had ran out, because now I am craving it as I type.
Chocolate Chip Banana Nut Bread
- 1 egg
- 1½ - 2 cups mashed banana (about 4 large)
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ¼ cup milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare an 8½- by 4½-inch loaf pan by greasing it or lining it with parchment paper (allowing an overhang on sides).
2. Beat egg, mashed banana and melted butter in a large bowl until thoroughly blended. Stir in milk.
3. In a separate bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to banana mixture and stir until just moistened. Gently stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
4. Bake for 55-65 minutes, until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Do you add anything to your banana bread or are you a purist?