I stopped by Oh She Glows and looked over Angela's recipe for roasting these bad boys. It sounded a little more time consuming than I was anticipating for a first timer, but I was in! After a little tweaking (and patience), the hubby and I developed a little recipe of our own.
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
adapted from Oh She Glows
- 2 cups pumpkin seeds (from about 2 medium/large pumpkins)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- fresh ground pepper (optional)
1. Clean the Seeds
- A pain, but you have to do it! Pick the strings off as much as you can. Then strain them in a colander, which gets more off. You can pinch the strings off pretty easily but those are alot of seeds!
2. Boil the Seeds
- Boil them for 10 minutes, this makes the outer shell a little more digestible.
3. Dry the Seeds
- Drain them in a colander then pat dry with paper towel (ours will still slightly damp but thats ok)
4. Season the Seeds
- Spread them as thinly as you can on a cookie sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, shake on the salt & pepper, then toss to coat.